I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Chesapeake, VA) in May 2014.
Hiring process is done in three separate parts.With my position as a asset protection associate already with Sam's Club's sitter company Wal-Mart,I was able to interview directly with the Market Asset Protection Manager and The Club manager of the Sam,'s Club location I was applying to work in.I was asked multipule three to four part questions about past experiences and the results of the exsperince as well as how I reacted or handled the exsperiance and what if anything I would have changed or done again if the sane situation presented itself once again.
- Tell me about a time you had a deadline to complete a project or obligation and you were running low on time and running low on manpower or help?What did you do?How did you do it?What was the outcome, and what if anything would you do different if you were faced with this situation again? Answer Question
The salary and position incentive opportunities are given once you have been hired for the position. You either decline or accept.If you have prior experience than generally your offer or salary is started above the pay scale base pay .ALl Sam's Club positions have a pay scale with a base to cap out salary based on location, store,or club, and that's club or stores annual profit.
Security Manager Cover Letter
Security Managers are responsible for security operations in a company. Their role is to create and maintain a safe environment for staff and visitors. Examples of Security Manager duties are implementing security policies, developing security budgets, monitoring expenses, collaborating with other managers, responding to emergency situations, coordinating security forces, and creating reports for senior managers.
Those interested in a Security Manager career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Security management experience
- Knowledge of security technology such as CCTV
- Security procedures expertise
- Budgeting skills
- Organization and planning
- Being able to respond to emergencies and to work under pressure
- Integrity and commitment to work
- Observation spirit and an investigative nature
- Effective communication
- People skills
Beneath is displayed a sample cover letter highlighting comparable Security Manager assets.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Security Manager Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Security Manager, check out our more complete Security Manager Job Description.
Dear Mr. Mathews:
Upon review of your posting for a Security Manager, I hurried to submit my resume for your consideration. As an accomplished and challenge-driven professional with experience overseeing security teams, risk mitigation, and policy enforcement, I am prepared to significantly contribute to your company’s objectives.
My background includes leading high-performance teams in performing all aspects of facility security, such as logistical coordination, equipment installations and training, and security access and tracking functions. With my excellent organization skills and sharp attention to detail, I excel at driving the design and implementation of high-level security plans to enhance across-the-board security of personnel, property, and proprietary information.
Highlights of my experience include:
- Developing, implementing, and directing a sophisticated security plan—incorporating anti-terrorism force protection initiatives—for a 600-member multinational workforce as the Security Manager for ABT International.
- Conducting threat vulnerability and security / risk assessments for company facilities and worksites.
- Leveraging expertise in logistical management, security systems, and personnel training to achieve top-flight overarching safety and security.
- Employing a variety of databases to enhance safety, efficiency, and accuracy while replacing outdated tracking methods.
- Overseeing approximately 35 direct reports; recruiting new hires, conducting performance evaluations, disciplining employees as necessary, and coaching staff effectively to stimulate professional development and growth.
- Excelling at balancing multiple tasks within high-pressure environments while providing superior management and communication skills and improving operational systems.
My skills in security management have been finely honed, and I am confident my additional strengths will readily translate to your environment. The chance to offer more insight into my qualifications would be most welcome. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Roger C. Breglia