Third Claim Paragaph
Starting Sentence Option 1:
One [government/academic/scientific/statistical] [researcher/expert] on the issue of poverty found that [insert direct quote from a researcher or expert on poverty to support your thesis.]
Starting Sentence Option 2:
An expert in the field of [government/academic/scientific/statistical] has concluded that poverty [is/is not] a serious problem is because it [insert direct quote from a researcher or expert on poverty to support your thesis.]
Experts with a variety of perspectives on poverty can be found in the following arenas:
- Statistics from government reports
- The definition of poverty according to the various institutions
- Social commentary provided by experts
- Moral and ethical perspectives from academics and philosophers
- Personal testimony from people who live with poverty
Common claims for poverty intervention:
- Poverty in the USA is a serious problem that affects millions and needs immediate intervention on our part.
- Poverty is a social problem that affects many people throughout the world and the USA
- Poverty is widespread and more common than we think, it needs our intervention
- Poverty can have long term psychological effects on the children
Common claims against intervention for poverty:
- Poverty is not a problem of regular citizens and should be taken care of by the government
- Poverty is a choice that people make who are lazy and don't want to change.
- Poverty is the problem of a very small number of people in our society and we should not be concerned.
- The poverty problem in the USA is overstated and exaggerated.
- Poverty is a state of mind
- Essay on poverty around the world
- Essay on world poverty
- Poverty third world countries essay
- Essay poverty in the world
- Third world poverty essay
- World hunger poverty essay